Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Part 2 - The Excited

So yesterday we covered the hardest part of my day which is getting out of my head and getting out of the house... so let's see, where were we? Oh yeah, Memorial Day Weekend!!

Friday night I met up with friends and we enjoyed bottle service at The Standard. It was nice, but we were on the front patio which left us separated from the music and trapped with the smokers. Plus, I wasn't so into drinking and honestly didn't have that great of a time. My friend Phil and I shared some casual observations, but I was ready to go home.

Saturday after a harrowing experience for HarMar at the vet, I cleaned the house, and Des and I headed off to eat some Pho at New Stars. Then we went to our friend Johns graduation party. That was fun, but I'm still an old lady and despite great chips & salsa, a vodka red bull, and a free shot of Patron - I got tired and we went home to go to bed.

Sunday morning Des & I stumbled out into the hallway at the same time and she suggested we go for a walk. I needed that walk. I grabbed a sandwich and then I went and did one of the bravest things of my life. I went somewhere ALONE. No safety net. No possible idea of what to expect. AND where everyone else already knows each other. My entire plan involved sitting in the corner and use my iPhone for the next several hours.

To my most pleasant surprise I was taken by the hand and welcomed into the Antidote group! There was awesome house music, lots of drinks, great weather, and a phenomenal group of people! I had so much fun. Shoot, I think my name was even scrawled on a "GUEST LIST" so basically, I was a veritable celebrity! Daytime drinking is an acquired art though. Have enough drinks and this old lady needs to go home and take a nap. I HIT MY COUCH RUNNING AND TOTALLY CRASHED OUT!

I woke up just in time to make a delicious taco dinner head back out to see Little Dragon. It was just about the coolest thing ever. After Antidote and thanks to Twitter I'm pretty sure I knew or knew of 50% of the people in the room. This is where my reporting gets faulty. I really stopped worrying about writing stuff down and memorizing important details and linking to stuff. Instead, I FELT IT.

You know those moments when you are driving alone in the car and your favorite song comes on? Those seconds where your problems accidentally fly out the window? Time comes to a screeching halt and sound isn't just something you hear, but instead something you do. It's the something that tickles your nose and brushes against your skin and tastes like heaven.

I don't want to say anything more about it. Here's one of their songs... Listen... Feel... Take a Journey...



PS: If you want a really good and serious review of the show, Go Here.

1 comments:

Conlan May 31, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

Nice post. Nice redesign. Nice seeing you. Thanks for the link. Etc.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP