Monday, May 18, 2009

Dang, this is a lot of work. Can I get some feedback here?

So, I'm struggling with this whole "city blog" thing. I'm no journalist. I don't want to be troubled with linking to others posts and be all responsible about accuracy with times and such. Can't I just say, "Dude, I like this. Here's how it made me feel. Just go there." ?? That would be easy. Now half of my wonder and grand fascination with my comings and goings are dampened because I feel like I need to pretend I'm a reporter or something.

Plus, I suck. Like, here I go to the Blogger Olympics and I didn't even write a post about my epic loss! Also, I wrote this whole thing about Pizza & Beer at Pizza Fusion and didn't even mention the PIZZA!! I even got an honorable mention for last weeks "goings on" over at FresnoMagBlog and didn't even say Thank you. Are you understanding my suckiness yet?

Then, last week, my real dad shows up at my work unannounced. I have A MILLION feelings about this and I wanted to write it out, but then I was like - dangit - now all these real people who might know me are going to read this and changing my blog focus sort of took from me my personal voice. Sigh.

I need feedback. Am I doing the right thing? I realize it's in its beginning stages and will slowly find it's groove, but is it okay to just do whatever I want? Does random pics, sad overly personal revelations, and product reviews go together? HELP!

5 comments:

Conlan May 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

To paraphrase a personal hero of mine: It's the internet. You can do whatever the fuck you want and no one can stop you.

Michael May 19, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

I agree with Conlan, do what YOU want to do. If someone bitches that you are straying from a "city blog" tell them to do their own or STFU.

oneheavenlyheart May 19, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

No one has bitched btw. I was more wondering if the lack of cohesion deters you as a reader.

I don't know, it's complicated.

Anonymous May 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

or why dont you turn it into a MAC blog :-)

There's always good things to talk about.

by they way, your blog is pretty cool, keep up the good work.

Anonymous May 25, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

I think the lack of cohesion DOES deter me as a reader. I can only speak for me, but frankly I liked the previous layout better (it opens to a big wonderful photo of you, which instantly tells the reader something about what they're about to see).

I also much prefer you living your life out loud through your blogs. I wouldn't want you to be in any position blogwise to not be able to be completely forthright, or to worry about posting too much about yourself or worry about too many photos, etc.

I just happened to see your blog because of a friend's link to it, but I instantly liked it because of all the things mentioned above, and I'm just some random shlub, same as you'll find with the cityblog readers.

So continue as you once did, in my opinion. It's what made you good enough for a cityblog in the first place.

And you are good enough for a worldwide blog, except you might have to go into details with lots of photos about Chocodiles for your loyal readers in Sweden.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP