Sunday, May 3, 2009

Derby Day Delights

Well folks, my moms "Run for the Roses" Kentucky Derby Party is being declared a success! Of course, I don't really have contact with the outside world so mostly the success declaration is me patting myself on the back for my part in the party.

To be honest, my mom and dad only remodeled their entire house and my mom claims she ran all the errands and got all the food and decorations... so their part was marginal in comparison to the fact that I plagiarized an invitation and made a list one time, but you know, people are like that.

ANYWAYS! I'm sure what you want is photos... Here's the invitation:

Secondly, here I am with my Mint Julep:

And I need everyone to recognize that HarMar's bow matches my shirt:

I made pinwheels:


And fruit w/ a coolwhip/marshmallow cream dip:

Overall it was a pretty good spread:

Then after a very exciting viewing of the Derby, we moved on to dinner. I made a yummy salad with parmesan, carrots, red peppers, and cannelloni beans:

And here I am next to the rest of the spread which included salad, 3 bean salad, corn, rolls, homemade scalloped potatoes, baked beans, and BBQ'd chicken:


Truthfully, my parents house is perfect for hosting a party and they have a dream kitchen to cook in and she has every cool gadget and plenty of space. My mom has always been the ultimate hostess and it was neat for me to be able to do some of the hard work that would impress her friends and free her up so she could actually enjoy her party. Overall, a success!

1 comments:

Anonymous May 3, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

This post means you're over your swine flu (sorry, your H1N1 flu), which is great.

It also means you can cook, have great style (I mean, wow, making sure to match the doggie), and yet still understand the importance of a good chocodile.

Yes, I'm cyber-falling for you. Cyber sorta.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP