Thursday, April 23, 2009

Flower Bouquets and The Cancer!

So I've been busy the last few days. I think I'm a pretty creative person, but I also believe that I'm such a copy-cat poser. I was asked to help make little gifts for Administrative Professionals Day. I am proud of how they turned out so I'm going to share them with you! (Also note, I work best alone, late at night, and on an EXTREME budget. These cost $34.95 each from a place like Edible Arrangements and I was able to make 12 of them for $75 total.

First you have to chocolate dip the strawberries.


Then I cut pineapple with a cookie cutter and used cantaloupe to complete the flower and put grapes on skewers.


I bought clear vases at Dollar Tree and florist foam at Michaels. Then I wrapped the foam in colored foil to hide it and started assembling the bouquets.


And here is the final product. Whatcha think?



---------------------
As a side note, I've agreed to do some things that are really out of character for me. Like a hail storm of tangible panic, social opportunities are raining down upon me. I write one stinkin' post about doing a "city blog" (Which I have no idea what that even means) and now I'm in the '09 Blogger Olympics! What's this?! I can no longer hide behind my keyboard? I'm being forced out and not just to meet people, but to COMPETE? I'm pretty sure this is as close to feeling The Cancer grow as one could imagine. I don't know what to expect. I'm freaking out. FREAKING. OUT. This, of course, will be taken as a sign of weakness. That's okay, it won't stop me from destroying @MoralThreat at Skee Ball! (I keed - I keed!)

I know I border on narcissism and low self-esteem at the same time which may confuse some of you, but I'm taking a minute to show my softer side here. I am nowhere near the caliber of people I've been meeting. They are outgoing, educated, witty, creative, and SUPER SMART! I am honored to be included in this fine group of bloggers and look forward to bringing all of my anxiety, panic, nervous twitching, and inappropriate sense of humor into the real world and public forum.

5 comments:

The Fresnan April 23, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

I am none of these things you said: "They are outgoing, educated, witty, creative, and SUPER SMART!"

So you'll be just fine.

The Fresnan April 23, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

Whoops, that should have been on the Blogger Olympics post...See? I'm a lame blogger/commentor.

The Fresnan April 23, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

Oh no, wait this was the B O Games post, the flowers threw me off...I'm tired...must stop blogging.

Peggy April 24, 2009 at 4:02 AM  

Those bouquets are amazing! I'm totally stealing your ideas! :)

Good luck with your blogger olympics! Go for the Gold baby! Sorry, I'm not really sure what that means...I'm a new reader!

Steam Me Up, Kid April 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

Those are incredible. Granted, this is coming from the least crafty person ever, but I'm pretty sure you should sell those and make a bazillion bucks.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP