Thursday, January 8, 2009

An Apple A Day...


So, here I am at work... I’m using my wonderful G5 w/ cinema display to put specials on our website, I’m writing this blog, I’m using Excel to calculate price discounts on aged inventory, I stopped to scribble down blog ideas for an RV industry travel related blog I will be implementing soon, I have my iPhone in front of me and just sent a text... I took a break and bought a CD on iTunes and synced that to my iPod and iPhone... and all the while I’ve been watching a podcast from Macworld called the Keynote Address and it’s all the latest innovations in software that Apple has come out with to their iLife and iWork products.

I am pretty much on the verge of tears here. It’s so wonderful. I’m going to quit my job and move to Cupertino. I’m going to be a squatter in the Apple lobby until they agree to give me a job. Just let me be a janitor - maybe answer the phone every once and a while? I know I’m not educated enough or innovative enough to ever actually DO anything, but I just want to be next to cool people.

My whole life is run by this company already. Apple is my Nirvana... my mecca.

They did a small demonstration of one of the programmers on how to use iMovie to edit and make your own video presentations. I think I actually blurted out “I want to marry that man!” Sorry... I got caught up in the moment!

I want to make brochures and websites and videos and graphs just for the sake of using their software. I don’t even do presentations and graphs, but I’m in lurve... not lust, not love, but LURVE... I LURVE IT... At night I sleep on the right side of the bed. HarMar sleeps next to me on my left. And my left pillow is for my iBook. Yeah, that’s right, I sleep with my laptop. I’m THAT much of a nerd.

Honestly, I don’t expect any of you to make it to this last sentence. I know you all are like - WOW this chick is super uncool. But that’s ok. I’m so happy right now. I’m inspired to do STUFF. And honestly, when I do it, I’m able to do every aspect with passion and enjoyment and excitement. How many of you can say that about the mundane details of your life?

1 comments:

cIII January 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

If you're happy, I'm as happy as a Pig in slop.

And.......I'm "shuffling" the tiles. Bring me that triple word score with a "q".

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP