Friday, July 10, 2009

Pecking order of death (UPDATE: MORE PICTURES)

So there are city girls and there are country girls. I'd like to think I'm a decent mix of both. I was raised a country girl riding horses, catching lizards, and climbing trees among other things, but I absolutely love reality TV, manicures, and using any excuse to buy a new *anything*...

I'm terrified of snakes and spiders, but I'm okay with squirrels and june bugs and rats - go figure!

HOWEVER
YOU KNOW WHAT'S SCARY??

GEESE!


There are 7 families of geese at this place I go to every day. Here is a video of 2 families.
(Taken from the safety of my car)



Yes, they may not seem that scary just waddling their fat happy asses across the road, but what if you were forced to WALK by them? OH. MY. GOD.

1st of all - did you know that these midieval red eyed devils will hiss at you like a viper? Oh you did know that? Well, screw you because I did not know that and 911 had to take the paddles to me because it scared me to death!
2nd of all - I offer you the below picture that, for the sake of this blog, I risked my life to take!

Do you see the sniper goose at the top? I recommend you zoom in on this picture. I have highlighted with green arrow the two Carl Lewis' of the group, beaks agape, feet in FULL run towards me.


I had video of this encounter, but I deleted it too soon. I had accidentally hit the button twice, so when I thought I stopped it, I actually started it. All you hear is me say AAAAAHHHHH and then the camera drops down and videos my feet run away. Only now that it's gone do I realize how funny it was. DANG IT!

Do you see how they are EVERYWHERE I go? SO MANY!


2 comments:

Michael July 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Geese are evil creatures. My mom had two on her place out in the country and one male would hump the other male to prove it's dominance. Just plain wrong.

And that sniper one scares me. He's just chilling out up on that hill just waiting for you to try to move.

Anonymous July 14, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

Geese will totally eff your shizzo UP!

You must stand your ground, tho, grasshopper. Show the gander who's the real boss.

I'm kidding...run like hell. Geese don't PLAY, yo!

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP