Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gotta Go -Gotta Go -Gotta Go -GOTTA GO!

So drinking water sucks. Like major. Who's with me? This is flippin' ridiculous!

OMG, your body is 75% water.
HEY, your brain can like die.
WHOA, you've never been hungry, it's a false reaction from your dehydrated body trying to tell you you're thirsty.
UMMM, the only thing more important than water is air.

GAG GAG GAG

You know what's more important? Me not being in the bathroom 75% of the day! That's what.

Do you realize that by the time I get to work at 8 (okay okay, 8:20) I'm already DYING to pee for the third, YES THIRD, time of the day. Is this not upsetting to you?

So you're supposed to drink all this water, but isn't frequent urination a problem? I see commercials for "overactive" bladders and you need a pill for that. Also, I thought if you peed too many times a day it was a warning sign for diabetes.

OH. MY. GOD. How will I ever know if I have diabetes now !?!?!?!?

You know that feeling where you don't have to go to pee?.... YOU DO??.... Because I haven't felt that in days. DAYS!  I may have talked about my hatred for water HERE too.

I read on this one site you should have 12 quarts of water a day, double that if you're exercising!!! After using my google conversion chart awesome math skillz, I realized that's anywhere from 3 - 6 GALLONS of water a day. I had to call and yell at my mother for that one. Sorry mom. Of course, she says her rule of thumb was to divide your weight in half and that's how many ounces of water you should drink a day. The women in our family must all be overachievers because both of us are drinking around 90 oz a day! DAMN that's A LOT of water!

Then I read somewhere that says if you don't pee every 3 - 4 hours it's a sign of a problem. Will the medical community please tell me they think it's a problem if you have to go every 3 - 4 MINUTES? Can I get some pills here STAT!?!?

Yeah, not cool dude.

2 comments:

Anonymous February 4, 2010 at 5:54 AM  

The medical community is here to support you with this simple statement:

When you feel thirsty, you should drink.

Followed by this simpler statement:

To quench your thirst, you should drink water.

Anything else is just crap.

Blessed Life February 4, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

As far as having to pee so much because of the increase in the amount you're drinking, it does lessen after a while. Personally, I drink mainly water, no pop usually, occasionally coffee. Once your body gets used to the increased amount of liquid coming in, you retain less water and have to pee a little less. I drink about 6 18oz bottles of water a day, plus sometimes 1-2 cups of coffee.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP