Sunday, August 18, 2019

Princess Marisa

So, have you ever heard something you wholeheartedly disagreed with? That upset you! That was wrong! That others misunderstood? That sat with you and ate at you and bothered you until you had the realization that there was probably some truth to it?! Which pissed you off even more because that’s not how you see yourself or think of yourself or who you want to be? Yep....

I consider myself a regular person. A hard worker. Honest. Not entitled. Grateful for the things and the life and luxuries I have. And then I hear what others outside impression of me is, and ouch.
I recently learned that the camp host of an RV Park we frequently stay at recess to me as “princess marisa”... what?! Where does that come from?! I was informed to look at it from her perspective. I have someone call in my reservation. I have people pay for my stay. I have someone drive in my RV & take it out. I mean I kinda get that, but for some reason that statement hurts me. Like I’m some froo froo lady who has everything done for me, that I’m too good for my own good. Is that true? 
I like to think no. I mean we already have someone making group reservations for our other employees, is it my fault I let them make mine too? And yes, someone drives my RV. Trust me, I want nothing more than the strength & independence to drive it, buts it’s not really a beginners coach. I don’t even let my drivers put the slides out, I personally take care of every aspect of setup and teardown. I dump my own tanks. I try super hard to be independent and not a burden to anyone. I’m very well aware that this is not our vehicle, I take meticulous care of it so it remains as “new” as possible for the people who will actually pay money to own it. Is that a princess??
Well, it is a $600,000 Motorhome & I expect it to work. I have access to a Service department to setup, PDI & fix the vehicle. We are exceptionally busy people & it is nice to have people take care of stuff for you like reservations & payments. I do run our transportation department so I have access to drivers. My husband does own the company, so he has the authority to let me make those things happen. 
Maybe it is a little princess ............

***shit***

I’ll just say this: Come on the road with us next time. After you work 30+ days straight, from 9am to 7, 8, 9, 10+ pm every day, sitting in a parking lot, using a porta potty, dealing with the elements (we’re worse than the post office. In spite of rain, sleet, hail, 100* temps) and you have to deal with your banking, your car maintenance, your appointments, your mail, your friends, all from the road & afar... THEN call me a princess to my face... gggrrrrrr

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP