Saturday, May 8, 2010

Run for the Roses

So I took a little hiatus from blogging, but I'm hoping to make a comeback!

One of the things I've been up to was helping cater my parents annual Kentucky Derby party.
You can see pictures of last years HERE.
This was the 136th Kentucky Derby.


In customary fashion, I donned my spring dress and wide brimmed hat (The hat didn't make it that long... I'm not much of a hat person. HA HA):

And while looking this good, I cooked up a storm!
WHEW - that was A LOT of food. I think I need a drink! Remember the also customary mint julep?
Oh, did you think that the party was over? After Calvin Borel unexpectedly won his 3rd Derby on Super Saver, I started prepping dinner. Everyone was STUFFED, but we made room!


I've been gone so long, I think I forgot how to write a truly riveting blog. Hopefully the pictures make up for it!

OH... I forgot! HARMAR THE GREAT! These festivities really tuckered him out, but isn't he the cutest thing EVAH?

PS - to be fair, my mom did all the shopping, the meat came from the honey baked ham store, and a nice friend of the family made the rice and cupcakes. Don't want you thinking I'm **THAT** cool. :)

2 comments:

Michael May 8, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

You know what's really strange? I have that same hat. Not the dress though, I don't have the legs for it.

Anonymous May 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

okay, you can cook for me ANYtime. Yum!

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP