Friday, September 25, 2009

The Lone Sock

I'm pretty sure I'm losing my mind.

Look at this picture!

LOOK AT IT!!
If this were your sock, exactly how many days would you walk over it...? around it...? by it...?

We're on day 6 ladies and gentlemen.

SIX DAYS!

That's approximately 15 times each person in this household would have crossed paths with the lonely Hanes.

Just so you know, you can bet the coming tribulation on the fact that this is not my sock. Ever met a person on the edge? That's me - I'm at my limit. It's all these little things. It's not the working 12 hours a day. It's not the family issues and money woe. It's the lunacy that is knowing people can exist in a world where they can just check out and walk over this stupid sock! Personally, I feel this is very unfair to me. What are my options here?

(1) I pick up the sock, walk around and ask everyone, "Is this your sock?" and handle it for them
(2) I don't pick up the sock and step over it like the rest of them while very unceremoniously liquifying my internal organs
(3) Set fire to the house and just make it all just "go away"

So far, I've opted for Option 2. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Jay Schryer September 26, 2009 at 4:36 AM  

LOL. I kinda like option 3, but that might not be the "sanest" option. I can definitely see how a person could get to that point. You have my sympathies...

Anonymous September 26, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

This is the most worrisome post I've read of yours.

It's not the 12 hour days or any of that, but it IS something, because most folks don't liquify thier insides or go cuckoo for cocoa-puffs about a sock.

This is much much deeper an issue and more profound than a sock or the other folks' ignorance of a sock.

I worry. I'm Jewish. It's what we do.

Liege September 26, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

I would pick it up and throw it in the trash!

But that's just me and I'm mean like that!

Michael Horvath September 26, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I would pick it up as soon as I saw it. I have bigger messes to clean up but I can see the point.

oneheavenlyheart September 26, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

I am LOVING all your answers! None of them are the same.

Jay here kinda like the idea of me burning my own house down! That made me laugh out loud.

Mintz just worries cuz he's Jewish. Ha!

Liege - I think I went too far down the rabbit hole and left to my own devices I would have never thought of just DISPOSING of the sock! If it's not dealt with by Monday - that sucker's just going in the trash! LURVE IT!

MPH - Oh trust me, I *WANT* to pick it up, but I'm fighting the urge to be an enabler here. I always just "FIX" everything for everyone and that has started to wear me out.

Plus, if I had just picked it up then I couldn't have passive-aggressively posted this to my blog, and then what would you all chuckle at?

Michael September 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Apparently that mat is a lie, because the sock is not welcome there.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP