Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Do people eat like this?

I cook a lot, but sometimes I just like an antipasto plate for dinner. Do other people do that? (Better question: do other people take a picture of just about every meal they eat? ha ha)

Here's my dinner from Sunday night:


I cut up an heirloom tomato with mozzarella, fresh cracked pepper and salt, garlic olive oil, and balsamic glaze with basil. Then I had some couscous with arugula and a sliced avocado with olive oil, lemon, garlic, and tobasco.

For me, the above = HEAVEN!

What do regular people eat? Spaghetti? Fast Food? For a while I was going over to my parents and cooking dinner and my dad made a comment along the lines of "the food you cook isn't normal..." Don't get me wrong, he loved it and ate all of it, but it got me thinking - what is normal? Hamburgers? BBQ? I honestly don't know.

2 comments:

Anonymous September 23, 2009 at 3:27 AM  

My old friend Bill Hanson used to cook and eat like you, even if he was the only one eating.

I found that behavior to be sophisticated and worldly. He would even pair a correct wine with his meal if he felt the desire.

This behavior led to a marriage with a woman I might have, at first glance, thought to be WELL out of his league, but meals like that and the effort to take care of his own needs showed him to be the kind of man who can also give much to the needs of others.

You aren't 'normal,' you are well above-normal. Who else would cook like that for herself while also eating delicious chocodiles whenever desired?

You're a catch.

Heather McLane September 23, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Oh, I'm weird about food, too. If I'm not eating fast food, I'm usually eating appetizers, antipasti, or side dishes. I can't make a main dish to save my life.

I also have to take a picture every time I prepare something that looks halfway edible. It happens so rarely, I like to preserve the moment.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP