Monday, February 19, 2007

The day the lights went out...


So, for those of you that don’t know, I work at a pretty large RV dealership. Having worked at home for 2 years, coming back into civilization was quite the shock. Therefore I naturally picked the office that is farthest away from everyone! It’s all the way to the back of the building, up the stairs, down a LONG hallway, just before the storage closets. I ever so affectionately call it “The Cave”...

Well, today we have a power situation. As in - there is none! Well, 1/2 way. One of our two power boxes just blew up. So my heater is on and my computer works, but the internet is down and the lights in my office won’t come on - therefore making it a TRUE CAVE! Come 5pm, it’s gonna be PITCH BLACK in here! (See, you thought you read that whole first paragraph for nothing, but now I’ve brought it full circle... cool huh?!)

Anyways, other than that (which seems to be run of the mill out in these parts) today is a pretty good Monday. I got up extra early and took my car to the shop today for some warranty work. As usual they upsold me to an oil change and a transmission flush. I love my car, but it’s so “particular” with it’s rotary engine, i’m scared it will blow up if I don’t follow the recommended maintenance schedule to a tee! I’m slowly coming to realize that there is a large price to pay for vanity! Coming out of my divorce I made MANY decisions based on that. But my feet hurt from wearing high heels all day, I’m broke from all the “personal maintenance” (ie: nails, hair, waxing, etc), and I’ve got this sports car that can’t even fit a case of water from costco in the trunk and needs CONSTANT filter replacements, oil changes, and warranty repairs done. I was just quoted almost $1,000 just to put tires on it!!! Of course, that was from the dealer and I’m hoping I can cut that number in half. But still!!!

Otherwise, not much is going on. My honey bun made dinner last night - this yummy chicken (fake chicken) dish which basically consists of onions, peppers, ketchup, and a can of coke. Sound horrible right? WRONG! It’s totally kick ass and I crave it weekly. Also, it was on a bed of probably the most deliciously unhealthy mashed potatoes I’ve ever had. I speak of this because I just had the leftovers for lunch. To quote Rachel Ray - YUM-O!

Alright, I’m going to go now and attempt to find some work to do that doesn’t require the internet. That’s MUCH harder to do than you would think. EVERYTHING I do consists of getting on the internet first. Even if I’m not working on my website, I need to send and email, or research something online, or order something online. Is there anyone else out there as crippled as me without the good ole world wide web? It’s like I’m stuck in a loop. Well, I guess I could look up.... NO no... ummm, well, let me check my e-ma.... no no... maybe I’ll downlo.... uhhhhhhh.... I suppose I’l log into the system.... no no, can’t do that... well.... Ok, I think I’ll just write in my journal (I use MacJournal which is offline and just publishes later) LOL

This was my only option!!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP