Monday, August 3, 2009

Best Recipe of the Week

So, I love to cook and more importantly I love to eat! However, I'm a busy gal so I'm going to share with you a recipe that's quick, easy, delicious, and you can impress people without having to cook anything.


Here's the ingredients you will need:

Flat bread (Vons)
Artichoke Spread (Costco)

Mozzarella Cheese

Tomatoes (I recommend an heirloom or homegrown)

Fresh Basil
Balsamic Glaze (Bentleys)
Pretty much, do what you want, but I heat the oven to 400, put just the bread in there for a few minutes until it's SLIGHTLY toasty, spread on the artichoke spread, top with mozzarella, and top with sliced tomatoes. Put back in the oven and cook until tomatoes start to toast and the cheese starts to brown. Pull out and drizzle with the balsamic glaze and top with chopped basil.

VIOLA! You are welcome!

4 comments:

Anonymous August 4, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

how can this be so easy when one has to shop at three different places just to get the ingredients??

Grilled Cheese - now THAT'S easy ;-P

oneheavenlyheart August 4, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

SIGH...

Well, I go to like 5 different stores every week to get different things so 3 IS easy. Plus, you only go to Bentley's one time - that glaze will last you forever.

And since you are being difficult:
1) You can buy whatever you want, I simply put the exact ingredients I used and where I found them. I dare you to FIND balsamic glaze in Fresno. I just saved you a trip to 10 stores looking for it
2) I believe I also said this was a recipe to impress your friends. Grilled cheese does not fall under that category. Now if you had said Caprese Panini... Maybe...

Steam Me Up, Kid August 4, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Holy crap. My stomach is making all sorts of complainy noises now. Me want that.

Michael Horvath August 5, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Wow, I'm in. with new mouths to feed in my house I no longer have the luxury of just eating sandwiches all the time.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP