Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thank you universe, for being so damn consistent

Wow, oh how we are destined to repeat ourselves! Seems I'm a bit predictable. I was just reading the Tao and thinking, didn't I write a blog about the 29th Verse? Just searched for it - yup, sure did in AUGUST 2008! How funny that almost exactly one year later I find myself back in a similar place. Hrrrmmmmm Wierd.

I feel like I'm having a bit of a melt down. Maybe that's too personal, I don't know and I don't care. Just trying to learn and to grow.

2 things I've picked up about myself.

1) When in times of distress, I tend to turn on my heel and do the opposite... some really extreme stuff. This is the first time in my life where I've been able to calm down enough to recognize that and actually force myself to stay in the house! May seem like I'm avoiding my friends or doing something bad, but truth is, it's just what I need for me.

2) I've found that my most successful steps towards true personal growth have only been taken during times of solitude. I need that. It's hard on me, but I need it.

So thank you all for hanging in there with me while I sort out these things and allow them to happen at their own pace.

Here's the 29th verse should you feel the need to zen out or at least see where I'm trying to be right now.

Allow your life to unfold naturally.
Know that it too is a vessel of perfection.
Just as you breathe in and breathe out,
there is a time for being ahead
and a time for being behind;
a time for being in motion
and time for being at rest;
a time for being vigorous
and a time for being exhausted;
a time for being safe
and a time for being in danger.

To the sage all of life is a movement toward perfection,
so what need has he
for the excessive, the extravagant, or the extreme?

1 comments:

Jay Schryer August 26, 2009 at 5:45 AM  

The 29th verse is very wise, and you're very wise, too, for allowing yourself to step back and notice what's going on with yourself. Would that I could be so wise! I have a tendency to try to push things through ahead of their natural time, and it almost always ends up badly. I'm learning I guess, but oh so slowly.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP