Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wha? Where have I been?

I don't know. I've been busy! Here I set all these New Years resolutions which take a lot of time. Can you ever forgive me?

My mind has been working though. I have all these things I want to say, but they deserve more than half ass paragraphs.

#3 on my resolutions was to read 2 books.

I have my 2 books all picked out. I'm 1/2 way through the 1st one.  Change your thoughts, change your life - Living the wisdom of the Tao by Wayne Dyer. WOW I Love this book. Don't you remember me quoting the 29th Verse of the Tao every few months. Little known fact maybe...? I read that verse every day. EVERY DAY.

My 2nd book? I haven't bought it yet, but I'm so excited to renew my passion for healthy eating and compassionate eating. I've decided my next purchase will be Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. Every person I encounter asks me WHY? I have this long complicated answer but secretly I roll the windows down when I drive past Famous Dave's. I may catch a morsel of bacon or pepperoni juice in a shared meal and I savor it. I dream about sleeping in and eating an entire bed of chicken strips and then I wake up and say WHY AM I DOING THIS? I'm wrapping up my 7th year of vegetarianism right now and I need to put some energy into this path I'm on and make sure it's still the right one for me.

Guess that's kinda heavy, right? Well, I told you I've been busy! I'll keep you posted :)

I'm still going to the gym, but I also like to not deny myself so here's a picture of me eating a toffee bar, a lemon bar, and a Mtn Dew for lunch last week. My stomach did hurt, but that's okay! Oh yeah, I texted this pic to my trainer too in case you were curious! Full disclosure!


2 comments:

Anonymous January 21, 2010 at 4:32 AM  

Marisa, I have to assert that you are decidedly pretty.

See, I tried to make that sound very academic and generalized so you wouldn't think I was a creeper.

Ah, what the hell, creeper or no, you are SO STINKING PRETTY!!

oneheavenlyheart January 21, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

Mintz-

Ummmmmm.... THANK YOU??????

Totally random though.

Is this because I admit to liking the smell of BBQ or because I ate junk food for lunch?

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP