Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Me... the busy little bee! And also a picture of the most miserable bumble bee of all time!

Dude, I've been all over the place this last week!

First, before everything else, have you checked out my 2nd episode of One Heavenly Kitchen? You gotta watch this one because what I plan on doing with the leftovers of this recipe will blow your mind! Tune in and stay tuned please!

Last Thursday, I ventured out and saw a concert at a local venue, Audies Olympic. LITTLE DRAGON!  I was fortunate to see them a few months ago, so when I heard they were coming back to town I made an immediate exception to my, stay in the house til the end of the year rule. You can see some really good pics of the show on Nick Gennock's blog.

Saturday, after many mundane things, I popped over to the tower district for Swede Fest 4. This was my first time going to one of these, but I loved it! Let me tell you what I loved:
1) The Fresno Twitter community is strong! So strong that I actually felt comfortable braving this event alone. I knew quite a few people and that was great!
2) Even though I hadn't seen half the movies they were spoofing, they were hilarious!
3 It's awesome to support people who are doing something different. Something creative. Something extra just for the love of being passionate about something!
4) Even though some of the entries were from Madrid and in Spanish, language didn't mean anything when its the Fresh Prince of BelAir theme song or E.T.  !! SO COOL!

Sunday I could hear all sorts of cheers from my front yard! The 2 cities marathon was running by! Since it was pretty much impossible to drive out of North Fresno, HarMar and I decided to go for a walk and venture out to cheer on the runners. Funny thing - more of the runners cheered at us that we returned the favor. Apparently the cutest dog on earth, wearing an adorable blue bow will catch the attention of anyone - even someone in the throws of near death at the 24 mile marker of a marathon! Wouldn't you yell out too?


I'm sure that would have been enough for the average person, but I wasn't quite feeling enough excitement! What cheers me up? Dressing my dog up in costumes. Feast your eyes on the most MISERABLE bumble bee of all time:


So, what have you been up to? Have any plans for anything exciting?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP