Monday, June 29, 2009

WOWEEE WOWEEE What a weekend! I'll try to keep this short.

I may not have mentioned this before, but I have the most wonderful roommates in the whole world.

My dearest friend, Melissa, (on the left) is leaving me and it's breaking my heart. I understand her reasons to go and wish her nothing but wonderful things, but I don't know what I'm going to do without her. I could fill an ocean with our laughter and our tears over the last 3 years. I guess I wouldn't be taking it so hard if she was staying in town, but she's be many hours away and makes the loss more palpable.

Friday night we had a surprise goodbye party for Melissa at The Standard. Being as we are all so close, it was pretty damn awkward in our shared hallway as Des and I tried to leave the house without inviting her, but we made it! It was wonderfully bittersweet and I'm admitting I had a hard cry when I wrote in her card.

Saturday I worked all day and was exhausted, but Desiree wanted me to attend a dinner function with her so I pressed on and got ready. GO GO GO.

OH MY GOD, you will not believe it! We showed up at Vini Vidi Vici's and GUESS WHAT!? It was a surprise party FOR ME! GET OUT! In a billion years I never would have guessed that! Possibly this photo will tell you everything you need to know! It's like WHAT?! FOR ME?!


Anyways, it was the sweetest nicest thing that anyone has ever done for me. The balloons were my favorite color, the food was delicious, they incorporated PINEAPPLES (my favorite) and a luau theme, and most of my closest dearest friends were there. There for ME! I was so touched.
Actually, in my entire life, I have never had a surprise party and it was a wonderful night that I will not soon forget. I felt the love and I love my friends. Thanks you guys!

Sunday I got up and went to work again. In the evening I had some friends over to my parents house. We swam, we chatted, and we cooked together. It was an awesome girl night. I made a homemade vegetarian chili and a light avocado, corn, black bean salad. It was delicious!
SO, NOW... I'M EXHAUSTED. There was so much excitement, so many surprises, and SO MUCH work. I cannot wait until next weekend and my much awaited days off. NOW, it's 11:30 pm and I gotta head to bed.

G'night all!

2 comments:

Michael June 30, 2009 at 12:23 AM  

Your friends are awesome. I'm actually a bit jealous.

Anonymous July 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

YAY for you! You totally deserve such things, I guarantee you.

It's funny how you can write lovingly about your roomie and how you have no problem throwing a surprise deal for her, but almost can't understand or believe someone would do such things for you.

There'll be many more surprise parties and hawaiian themes for you in your future, I'm certain.

But if it were me, I would have built a huge chocodile house for you, with the walls covered with wrapped chocodiles you could just peel off and eat at your leisure.

Congrats on a fun weekend. You and your bruised toe deserved it!

Steph

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP