Friday, May 30, 2008

Turn Ons...

I’m always fascinated by nuance... and the differences that make each of us who we are. Ok, that’s not really what I was going to write about, I think this blog is going to go a couple different places.

One thing I was thinking about is the type of men that I draw to me. I think any of you that know my history know that there is absolutely NO similarities between the major relationships in my life. From black to white, tall to short, skinny to muscular, creative to by the book, realists to dreamers - I magically managed to find exact opposites. And the joke is, that besides being indeed male, they are all polar opposites. (I would assume most people would only consider there to be 2 opposites of any given thing, so maybe it’s more like a triangle or something... I don’t know!)

ANYWAYS... I figured out the similarity!!! Besides a wicked sense of sarcasm and humor, they were all brilliant! IQ’s off the charts (each in their own way very intimidating to me...) From one who wanted to sit at home and fiddle with magnets and build and create things and read Mensa books just for time killing fun, to another who had mastery over the computer in a methodical calculating mathematical programming way that would really bend your brain (and I use computers okay people? THIS shit was above complicated) to another one who totally gets off on light and space and time and geography and the universe, to math and fact and figures... They were all mentally sharp, voracious readers, eloquent, well spoken men. WOW!

Know what’s odd? They all had what I would consider to be almost identical handwriting! LOL (Strange fact, I know - had to share)

So why am I writing this blog? Because I discovered something about myself that my roommates are now making fun of me for. Know what turns me on? A man that reads. A man that can spell! A man that didn’t have to dictionary.com the word voracious I used 2 paragraphs up... A man that WRITES! I find myself having a quite magical experience when I read a properly formed sentence. I get off on proper punctuation! Paragraphs! Capitalization! (Now this isn’t so that you can re-read all of my writings for typo’s and misspellings and probably a few too many exclamation points and ...dot dot dots... but I do write like I talk - HEY wait a minute - this isn’t about me okay!?)

So, how lame do you think I am now?

HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN AN EMAIL IN ALL CAPITALS THAT JUST MAKES YOU WANT TO PULL YOUR HAIR OUT!? or what about the guy who just says yo wassup mama do you wanna go come see myb crib laters in his ghetto slang where you have to try and figure out what the hell he is even talking about or the one who just keeps writing and writing and writing and never spaces or stops or hits the return key ever and doesn’t use a period to break up the sentences and never spell checks and you throw up a little in your mouth imagining what it must be like to talk to this guy in person once let alone for the rest of your life

YEAH, THAT IS WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! I can’t handle it!

So anyways, I had to share! I took quite the ribbing a couple days ago from Melt and Beck about how abnormal this new discovery is. I don’t care what you all say though - it’s my fetish and I like it!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP