Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm with you in spirit...

Seriously, you guys... I think about blogging about 10 times a day, but it's just so hard to make time. I don't know when I genie blinked and suddenly got a life, but yeah, I'm having trouble keeping up my virtual persona! Can you ever forgive me???

Seriously, I'm exhausted, laying on the couch at 10:38pm and just wanting to go to sleep, but FOR YOU, I will persevere.

Know what I did today? Let me tell you...

1st, I had to get to work early for a 7:30am meeting. (Do you remember I'm not a morning person?)
2nd, I had to eat a banana as part of my new meal plan. I do NOT like bananas and was about to just end it all lest I be forced to take one more bite when I decided half a banana is all this grown ass woman can handle! *pew pew*
3rd, I'm off the red bull, I've reduced my soda intake to more than 1 a day, but increased my water drinking to ONE GALLON per day. So 3rd, I spent about 60% of the rest of my day walking back and forth to the effing restroom. God I hate water!
4th, I finally left work after 10 hours and headed to the gym where I paid for a hot guy to mentally and physically abuse me. We did this new timed thing where you race to complete 6 exercises at 50 x's each. So tonight I did: 50 pull ups, 50 push ups, 50 weighted squats, 50 weighted sit-up/leg lifts, 50 squat jumps, & 50 floor to ceiling weight lifts in 29 min! F*** Me!
5th, I returned home upon getting clearance to eat carbs tonight (Last night I about went to jail I was so ravenously hungry for chips or SOMETHING cuz I'm only supposed to eat my carbs in the morning~!) and made the biggest burrito ever made. YUM!
6th, AND NOW I SIT HERE... all tapped out. Wanted to tell you all my thoughts and then realizing... there ain't much left folks. *sad face*


So yeah... maybe tomorrow I'll muster up the energy to post some pictures I've been saving for you. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous August 18, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

You live a hateful life.

Surely there must be substitutes for the hated bananas and water and such that you'll actually like.

And you did FIFTY pull-ups?????? WOW. I can't do ONE (1) pull-up.

It just seems to me the journey matters more than the destination, and hating even parts of the journey just makes you not want to do it...and not enjoy it.

Unless you're into self-torture. In that case, Semper Fi.

oneheavenlyheart August 18, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

HAHA! Mintz... That's not true! It's not a hateful life. It's a determined and accomplished and strong life!

We can't always do what we want all the time! And sometimes you have to do what you don't want to get what you REALLY want.

I'll lament my weeks eating bananas and oatmeal, but TRIUMPH in being one of the less than 1% that will finish a full marathon. Something I'll own forever!

So call that what you want - Semper Fi!

oneheavenlyheart August 18, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

OH and I can't do ONE unassisted pull up. That smith machine thingy helps me cheat it. Still aint easy, let me tell you, but okay okay, technically NOT 50 real pull ups.

Whatever.

Anonymous August 19, 2010 at 1:04 AM  

Shit, Marisa, I couldn't do 50 pull-ups with the actual Marines pulling me up.

But really, isn't there a substitute for bananas that will provide the same essential needs for you? Or can't you drink some flavored vitamin waters?

And you're correct, running a marathon isn't for everyone. Only the crazy ones ;-P

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP