Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I want words - to make you sweat...

I think you've read before that I would consider myself a word nerd. I really do love words and language. I'm not saying I'm the best at it or anything, but there's something in my brain that just hangs onto words. I had a friend who said the word "reciprocate" to me on the phone the other day. It's like the word was in my own mouth. Like I could roll it around and practically taste it. Like it's no longer a word but a tangible entity. For me, I would describe that word as round and wet and tart. Does that even make sense? Does anyone else experience that?

Anyways, on my way down to San Diego this weekend I was having a bit of trouble with my FM transmitter and started scavenging for CD's. I'm pretty much all digital so it was a gamble if I had any at all! What I came across was something I bought at a poetry/spoken word event I attended last year. I hadn't really listened to it and now I had silence in the car to soak it all in.

Listen to this and tell me it's not the sexiest thing you've ever heard. The words and his expression of the power of words, plain and simple, turns me on.


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP