Wednesday, October 29, 2008

S.O.A.P.A.!


Symptoms of a Panic Attack

* raging heartbeat
* difficulty breathing, feeling as though you can't get enough air
* terror that is almost paralyzing
* nervous, shaking, stress
* heart palpitation, feeling of dread
* dizziness, lightheadedness or nausea
* trembling, sweating, shaking
* choking, chest pains, distress

* fear, fright, afraid, anxious
* hot flashes, or sudden chills
* tingling in fingers or toes ('pins and needles')
* fearful that you're going to go crazy or are about to die

Ha Ha Ha

I thought that was what they called “Being Awake”...

I’ve had 10 out of those 12 every day for the last 3 weeks.
Today will be no better.
In fact, I’m pretty sure today will be much worse. Don’t ask.

I gotta quit typing though, the fingers on my left hand are tingling...

1 comments:

justme October 30, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

(((hugs)))

I hate panic attacks...I have had 2 periods in my life that I had panic / anxiety attacks...Each period lasted for about 2-3 weeks, and I cannot imagine living with that on a regular basis, and I am sure there may be a time in my life that it happens again.

The worst is the 'after taste' that lingers for weeks afterwards...you are constantly right on the edge, worrying that at any moment you will be *over* the edge, in the grip of another attack...The worrying about another attack is almost enough to set you off again...

And then there is the rational side of your brain telling you just to relax, that you aren't dying, that you will be fine and all will be right in the universe again if only you relax, but no matter how adament *that* part of your brain is, the other part doesn't believe it, and won't let you.

UGH. I hope you get through this and over the hump soon. I am sending calming energies your way...

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP