Thursday, May 20, 2010

Something tells me...

...that when a hot 21 year old musclebound man leaves you dripping wet and out of breath, it SHOULD be a good thing.

But it's not... it's SOOOOO NOT.

Actually, I'd like to introduce you to Erik. He's my trainer at Fitness Together. He puts up with my CONSTANT complaining like a champ, he stays calm while I challenge ever single thing he asks me to do, and he's just a really good person.

Anyways, today's training session was BRUTAL! I actually had to pause for a minute because I feared I would throw up. I've got 6 months before this stupid marathon and I'm pretty sure this is the stupidest idea I've ever had, but I'm kind of committed now! Tonight I actually re-upped my training plan to go Tuesday and Thursday every week and I'm going to try and join a running club this weekend.

There's something wrong with me right? 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous May 21, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

There's probably a lot wrong with you, and running a marathon likely tops the list.

I'm sure you'll be so proud of yourself and your accomplishments, but for the sake of us all, PLEASE don't turn into one of 'those' runner people. Don't join the cult. We'd all hate to lose you...

oneheavenlyheart May 21, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

I don't know what "runner" people are.

If you mean, eating nutritional bars and only wearing sensible shoes, I don't think we're in any danger.

But I've got to do SOMETHING with a goal in mind, to help me shape up and wear myself out so I can sleep at night.

I've already perfected my DVR, ya know.

Anonymous May 22, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

Heh.

No, I mean the 'get up at 5 so I can do my 8 miles before work/can't go on a date tonight because I have to carbo load for tomorrow/write long blogs about how Neuro drinks aren't "electrolytie enough" for me/but I can't have morning sex the half marathon is this saturday, silly!' kind of runner.

And no one but no one ever thought YOU didn't have sensible (and fashion-forward) shoes.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP